Right here's find out how to create a greater weblog that each customers and search engines like google and yahoo will take pleasure in
If you want to start a better blog, you need to focus on excellent content creation and SEO alike. I say SEO is necessary because no matter how epic your content is, if it is unreadable by search engines, it cannot reach a wider audience.
If you've read our ultimate beginner blogging guide, you know that creating quality content emanates three things:
- Brevity and
- actionable takeaways
In fact, the Panda Algorithm Update, one of Google's methods of tracking websites, can detect bad content and punish it by reducing organic traffic.
Creating a working blog is much more than strategically placing a variety of keywords to increase website traffic.
According to Penguin, any intelligent webmaster must give up bad SEO habits such as overly aggressive positioning techniques.
Basically, Google's goal is to improve the user experience and reward original and quality content. So you need to find a way to write blog posts specially made for the readers and search engines.
Free download: I've already written an easy-to-understand guide on the subject of over 4000 words on page SEO techniques this will help you get higher rankings instantly.
Feel free Download the 23 point SEO Checklist via the link below!
➜ Click here to download!
This article will teach you how to create a better blog that both users and search engines will enjoy.
How to Create a Better Blog (for Users and Search Engines)
1) Focus on great content creation
Content creation must come first for your website to gain authority.
Misinformation, plagiarism, poor grammar, punctuation, and bad paragraphs severely affect credibility and ethos. You need to write great content so that readers can find your site, stay on the page, and come back later to read more useful information.
Here is a list of some essential content creation tools, a handy printable PDF cheat sheet (for quick vocabulary and grammar mess clearing), and the best plagiarism checking tools to use.
What kind of content will attract readers and turn visitors into customers?
Answer: informative content.
A blog should have some take-away aspect for readers. Provide information that educates, informs, or inspires.
If your website is writing related, share some tips on how to create a better blog, for example. Book, movie, music, or web reviews are effective ways to educate your readers.
Are you an avid reader, film critic, or music fan? You can write reviews on your website. You can add an inspirational movie quote like Robin Williams Quotes or a new word of the day. Share a recipe that worked well or amuse your readers with a recipe that didn't work well. Have lists for readers.
Are you a trivia person? Share an interesting fact. If you're not feeling creative, you can overcome writer's block by inviting an expert to guest blog on your website. Adding graphics and photos will improve your content.
There are people who can write a lot in less time and in the midst of confusion, and there are people who need a quiet place with no distractions and a few hours to write a good article.
Whatever the level of your skills, remember that your writing skills will improve over time!
Find your compromise: Check out what state you're more productive in. This is the most important thing, your productivity!
A little advice?
Get a non-internet-connected PC to write and create new content on (or temporarily turn off your main PC's internet connection).
More resources for better writing
- This will keep you motivated to write even when you don't have readers.
- 15+ Essential Content Creation Tools You Must Use Now.
- How do I write an error-free grammar every time?
- 5 books every writer / blogger must read.
2) Build a better keyword strategy
You have the option of targeting high-volume keywords with high competition or looking for long-tail keywords with very little competition.
Regardless of your choice, the Google Keyword Tool is a great way to get keyword statistics. Here's how you can use Google Keyword Planner for SEO.
While long-tail keywords may not get as much traffic as popular ones, they'll likely get a far better ROI.
To get the most out of competitive keywords, you need to spend a small fortune to be seen in front of other companies.
With long-tail keywords, expect your conversion rate to be higher and your spend to be lower. Some of the most lucrative websites in the world have modest traffic but an exceptional conversion rate.
Do you know that LSI keywords can help your content rank faster?
It's also worth noting that research shows that four-word queries have the highest conversion rates (e.g., "create a better blog").
Your blog should be indexed well enough that you can use any number of four word keywords that are relevant to your industry.
In this video tutorial, you will learn how SEMrush makes it easier for you to find keywords and gives you access to millions of pristine, easy-to-organize keywords.
Did you know?
That you can use SEMrush to:
- Spy on your competitors' keywords, see their top keywords, and use them in your own content strategy.
- Analyze the most visited pages so you can focus on outperforming them.
- Review their backlink details and reach out to those associated with them to link to your post instead of theirs.
- Do your own website audit and see where you've found broken links, broken images, missing meta tags, and poor quality content.
- Get personalized SEO and content ideas when you connect your analysis and search console to it.
And the best part about it?
You don't have to peel a penny for it! Use that SEMrush free trial coupon to get the most out of SEMrush while everything is free.
More resources to find better keywords:
- Long Tail Pro – To find long tail keywords with low competition.
- SEMrush – To find out which keywords your competitors are ranking for and then target those keywords.
3) blog post optimization
The headline is the most important part of your article because it's the first thing that appears before users decide whether to read or discard your content.
But be careful! Don't make promises that do not respect the content of your article or you will lose credibility.
And you know the importance of bloggers and writers' online reputations.
It is important to know that search engines read your blog's code directly as they index the website.
Most blogging platforms are designed so that search engines see the title of your posts first. Hence, these titles are the most important element of blogging.
When it comes to search engine optimization, you need to have the most relevant keyword in the title.
To be effective, you need to consider your audience and what they typed into the search box for more information about your industry.
The trick is to include keywords without making the title sound strange.
It's best to focus on at most one or two keywords in each post, as this is not only beneficial for search engine optimization, but it also makes it easier to write related content.
Other than in the title, to make a better blog, you should add your keywords:
- the URL of the post;
- the content on a certain percentage;
- the sub-headings;
- the pictures;
- the anchor text of internal and external links.
More resources to optimize your blog posts:
- Actionable ON Page SEO Guide That You Shouldn't Miss!
- Important WordPress SEO plugins for your blog.
- Important things to do before posting a blog post.
- How to use grammar to optimize your blogs with correct grammar and no duplicate content.
4) Get links to your articles
Outbound links to related pages are a relevance signal that Google can use to find out the topic of your page. A recent study found that outbound pages are superior to non-outbound pages.
Of course, linked blog posts are likely to have more authority than those without links. The greatest benefit comes from inbound links from websites that are already recognized as an authority in your industry. All inbound links are worth something in the eyes of search engines, but a mention of a large website can be worth a thousand links from small websites.
Internal linking is also important. Make sure you link to previous posts with relevant keywords to improve credibility and search engine ranking.
However, you should only have a handful of links on a single page.
The average reader hates reading a page with links because of the potential for one of those links to be clicked on by mistake. In addition, search engines tend to penalize websites that have too many links.
More resources on building backlinks organically
- Backlinks SEO: What are backlinks?
- 10 tips for securely building backlinks.
- How to Use Controversial Blog Posts to Get More PR and Links.
- How to Increase Your Blog's Google Ranking.
5) Branding and sharing on social media
To create a better blog, you need to work on branding as well. This includes creating great content, but also creating a catchy logo.
A logo is your visual identity and must have certain properties:
- Original: Your logo should be unique as it is your brand's identity. Make sure you stand out from your competitors.
- visually appealing: it must be nice to see;
- stimulating: give people food for thought, the sight of your logo.
The only limit that separates you from realizing a logo is your imagination. But what is the best way to design your logo? Fortunately, there are a multitude of options today, from logo generators to freelance designers, design contests, and design agencies.
If you don't have the budget to hire someone, you can create a logo yourself using drag and drop tools like Template. The logo of my blog DigitalGYD is also created with the same tool. You'll agree that it's a decent job from a non-designer like me.
More resources for better branding:
- How to Brand Your Blog's Twitter Handle.
- How to Brand Your Blog on Facebook.
- How to increase your domain authorization (DA) and page authority (PA).
To get more social shares:
- Social Snap The lightest (and neatly coded) social share buttons with click-to-tweet capabilities also let you set custom vertical images for Pinterest shares without uploading them to your blog. Check out our in-depth review of Social Snap to learn more.
- 9 Easy Ways to Get Maximum Facebook Shares.
- 10 ways to get more Pinterest traffic and shares.
Once you've created quality content, it's time to share!
This is another important part of a successful website. You can have a fantastic website, but it won't be useful if people can't find it.
Do you remember how you learned to share as a kid? It is exactly like that.
I like to compare being ranked high school popularity contest in the search engines.
You need to hang out with the "cool" or "powerful" kids, look and dress well, present yourself well, join clubs and be "popular" to have such a conversation about yourself.
That way, you can build authority on individual pages and eventually your entire domain.
It's all about content and about sharing that content across the Web-O area!
Now that you have a few ideas Building a better blogAs with excellent content creation or post optimization, you are well on your way to writing effectively for SEO and users.
Yes, of course search engines are important. But your readers are even more important!
Remember that the content will be read by real people, not just robots.
To take responsibility!
- Get yours Coupon code for the free trial version of SEMrush (You don't have to buy it).
- Analyze which keywords are ranking on your website, which posts are published the most on your website but are still not in the spotlight on the first page of Google.
- Then extract the keywords that will bring you more traffic. Go to your blog to tweak it even better.
Hope you enjoyed reading this little guide on how to make a better blog.
If you have any other suggestions or want to leave your thoughts, please use the comment form below, thank you!
And don't forget to share the post if you liked it!
A little inquiry …
If you enjoyed this article, please post it on your favorite social media platform. It will make my day!
~ Thank you.